Friday, October 23, 2009

Tonight

I'm sitting in a vacuum. Everything is being violently ripped into my direction. All sense of normalcy are being ripped from the average's mouth, and mutated into my consciousness. I steal their energy and make it my own. They look at me, expecting something, they can expect nothing less. I've become the event. I've stolen it from the owner. The owner is giving me the night. I don't know what to do with it, so i lie. I lie about horrible things. Until they are no longer looking at my appearance. I don't belong here, so i will make them feel like they don't belong here. The average's pine for more. I become placated. I sit there proud of what I've done. I drink more. I look at the owner. The owner is satisfied. The owner is relieved to take some of the tension from themselves. I can't stop. I know i should stop. But i can't. It's too far. They expect this now. I will destroy everything. I tell myself i will destroy everything. But all i destroy is what i am. It isn't what I am, but it is what the averages think i am. And perception is reality. They turn on me. They must be aware of what i've done. They are always aware of what I've done. Everyone is aware but me. All i can be aware of is the room. And pleasing them. The average's. When they turn on me it is violent. It is too strong to resist. Even those who can see the puppet show i am putting on mock the puppets. The puppets have been playing for so long now they become heavier and heavier. One day they will be released, but for now, i have to carry them. The weight of the puppets, is nothing compared to the weight of the average's. I give them an enemy. I give them a mirror. They shatter that mirror. Everytime. I pick the pieces up, and reconstruct the mirror, but it just gets shattered more and more. When they turn on me it hurts. But it's what i want. They have to hurt me, it is my purpose. The puppets are to be booed. Because they can never be cheered. The night is over now, and the owner walks me to the door. I wish to apologize, but i don't. It wouldn't make sense. The lion never apologized to the gazzelle. It is in it's nature.

No comments: